Name: May Chen
Class Year: 2021
Country of Residence: China
Why is this recipe great? What’s its backstory?
This is the easiest recipe you can find and also very healthy.
Serves 1. Takes approx. 45 minutes.
- 3 Chicken leg bones (no meat)
- 1 Chicken leg
- A small bunch of green onions (no need to cut them)
- 2 or 3 Fresh dates (optional)
- 2 dried wood mushrooms (optional)
- 10 Chinese wolfberries (optional)
- 2 slices of ginger
- 1gram salt
Clean the vegetables and knot the green onion. Put all ingredients except the Chinese wolfberries into a pant. Add enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a quick boil and then bring to a simmer at a low heat. Clean the froth, cover and keep simmering for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, put in the Chinese wolfberries and add the salt. Boil for further 5 minutes and serve in a bowl. Done!
Traditional recipe – Photos credit to @Yingerhuakai