Name: Dimitra China
Class Year: 2016
Country of Residence: Greece
Why is this recipe great? What’s its backstory?
This is a very common recipe in Greece. We eat this salad every day during summertime at my house and the vinegar is my dad’s addition to make the salad have a twist & taste even better. Please note that the end taste is affected by the quality of the fresh vegetables.
Serves 1-2 people . Takes approx. 5 minutes.
1 medium cucumber
1 half Green pepper
1 half red onion
2-3 tbs of Olive Oil
a bit of salt & oregano
1-2 tbs of Vinegar
Feta Cheese (optional)
- Wash tomatoes & pepper, then cut them into medium sized cubes.
Peel cucumber & slice them into pieces.
- Cut red onion into small pieces & then mix all vegetables in a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil & vinegar in the bowl with vegetables & then mix with salt & oregano.
- If you like feta, cut a small piece (quantity depends on personal preference), crumble it and then throw it in the salad bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once you are done with your salad throw pieces of bread on the bottom of the salad bowl to soak in some oil & vinegar.
Family recipe. Also, this recipe is not being entered in the competition, and is instead just being shared for fun!