Class Officer Profiles: 2020-2025

President: Michele DeRosa O’Connell
I was honored with the Alumnae Association Loyalty Award at our 30th Reunion for dedication to the College and our Class. I have advocated for women’s education as an Admissions volunteer, participated in the College’s fundraising efforts as a Class Agent for over 30 years, and served as Class Scribe and Secretary for 15 years. I am excited to continue service as Class President! My psychology and sociology degree led to a career in education. I received my MA in counseling from Tufts University in 1988, and have worked for over 25 years as a school psychologist and guidance counselor, currently for a school system outside Boston where my primary responsibility is special education assessments. I took my then future husband to visit MHC not long after graduation, and we have returned often during our 30yr marriage, sometimes with our daughters (now 26 and almost 24), for leaf peeping, class reunions, and strolls around the lakes.  We have watched the campus change and grow while staying committed to its traditions and meeting the needs of current students. Each time I walk on campus, I remember my first visit with my dad in 1980 and the sense of belonging that washed over me. While I wish we could have been together on campus for our 35th Reunion, I look forward to a time when we can safely reunite and dance to our favorite 80’s hits.  I still feel connected to the College but more importantly, to our awesome network of Uncommon Women.

Vice-President: Mary Partyka 
Bio coming soon!

Vice-President: Melinda Smith 
Bio coming soon!

Treasurer:  Jean Zeiler
Bio coming soon!

Secretary:  Stacy Fugger Fatale
Stacy worked in development research for higher education for 14 years, followed by 15 years as a career adviser for workforce development agencies. She obtained a MA in Counseling Psychology from Lesley University. Stacy has volunteered with the American Association of University Women, REACH Beyond Domestic Violence, WATCH CDC, and the Waltham Democratic City Committee. In 2020, she transitioned to work as a substitute teacher in the public schools. She lives in Waltham, Massachusetts, with her husband, Michael, and their two cats. She is happy to join the Class of 1985 Board and to connect with classmates. She loves MHC for giving her the opportunity to learn and grow in beautiful Western Mass. The College delivered the ideal liberal arts experience. 

Scribe:  Renée Lewis
Bio coming soon!

Scribe:  Rebekah Torges Cotton
Bekah is a freelance copy editor living in living in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, with her husband, two daughters, and rescue dog, Iggy. When she’s not working or hanging out with family, she’s reading, knitting, making soap, or trying to teach herself Greek. She also volunteers with a Cleveland organization that provides language tutoring to women refugees. Bekah is excited to be co-scribe and looks forward to connecting with classmates.

Communications: Brooke Russell-Zaccone
Brooke made terrific use of her MHC degree in English in industries spanning fashion, parental home health care, personal chef, hospitality, food & wine, marketing consulting, development, software and government.  The common thread in these disparate businesses?  Clarity of communication is the most fundamental tool, whatever the job. 
A surprise affinity for software and online applications was an added bonus, despite a senior Computer Science class was so dreadful, the word “Shattuck” gave her chills.  Fortunately, she recovered and continues to work in writing, programming, organization and operations. She is thrilled to continue keeping the Class updated, entertained and connected.  Currently, she and her husband live in Staten Island, NY.

Communications: Diana Biederman
Bio coming soon!

Reunion Chair: Betsy Thomas Austin
Bio coming soon!

Head Class Agent: Anne-Marie McGonnigal
Bio coming soon!

Head Class Agent: Beth Goggins Sears
Bio coming soon!

Nominating Committe:  Paulette Thompson, Kavita Ramdas