’80s Lunch Bunch

Member Contribution from Karen Thurm Safran ’84

Hmmmm….  ’80s Lunch Bunch, What’s That?

a) A group of Bay Area MHC alums from the ’80s decade meeting for lunch every few months

b) Sometimes it’s the same women, but often there are new faces

c) No kids or partners, just MHC ’80s decade alums spending quality time chatting, eating, and laughing

d) A bunch of ’80s alums sharing ideas, reminiscing about MHC, commiserating with each other about life events, and having a good time

e) All of the above

The answer? E, all of the above! 

Three years ago, I attended the annual MHC decades brunch gathering. I left feeling invigorated! What a wonderful time with Mount Holyoke women in my age group and stage of life. “Why wait another year?” I thought to myself. “We should get together more often!” After getting permission, I started organizing regular lunches at restaurants all over the Peninsula and more recently on Zoom. Now that the pandemic is more under control, this summer we’re meeting outside in a park. So, if you’re from the ’80s decade and want to join us, please email MHC Pen Club (mhcpenclub@gmail.com) for more info. And if you’re from another decade, you can start your own Lunch Bunch. It’s super easy. Contact me, and I’ll share my system. You eat lunch anyway, so why not spend 1 or 2 hours escaping for some me-time with other MHC alums!

editors note: MHC Pen Club can put you in touch with Karen if you want to set up your own decades meet up.