Nikki Chambers, 2010 Treasurer

Nikki ChambersName: Nikki Chambers

Major: History

Hometown: Montclair, NJ

What are you up to now? I am working at the MLB Network and running as much as I can.

You should email me if you have questions/comments about the sports industry, running, or anything at all.

Responsibilities: The treasurer maintains permanent, accurate records of all class funds and  transfers them to her successor at the end of her term. She establishes and maintains the bank account, completes and submits an Annual Financial Report to the Alumnae Association each year and collects dues authorized by the class. Additionally, she records and promptly deposits all receipts, pays all bills approved by the class president, reconciles bank statements on a monthly basis, sends financial reports to the president at least every six months and attends class board meetings or provides written accounting reports.

What was your favorite class at MHC? America’s Fiction: Lost and Found. This class was all about exploring 20th Century literature that was either never given the praise it deserved when it was initially published or was praised during its time, but not given much attention since. We had the absolute best people in that class and our discussions were always amazing and thought provoking. Three hours went by so quickly!

What was your favorite place at MHC? I love every inch of Mount Holyoke’s library. The atrium is always alive and bustling, yet can be quiet during the right time (mornings and night time). I also have a lot of fond memories from the reading room.

What is your favorite MHC tradition? The Laurel Parade is probably my favorite tradition at MHC. It’s so moving—seeing all of the alumnae dressed in white, carrying the laurel, and paying homage to the current graduates of MHC and to the women’s suffragist movement. I can’t watch the parade without crying.