Cathy Pedrayes, 2010 Communications Coordinator

Name: Catherina (Cathy) Pedrayes

Major: Environmental Studies

Hometown: Miami, FL

What are you up to now: Engaged, working as a Science Teacher in East Harlem, and pursuing a degree in Sustainable Business.

Responsibilities: The class Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating the class website or other class social media.

You should email me if you have questions/comments about: Anything! I do get a lot of questions when people are moving to NYC though.

What was your favorite class at MHC and why? Women & Environments with Giovanna Di Chiro. Any class she taught was amazing but that was one of my favorites and probably the most useful as I still refer to the readings we did in that class today. Second favorite was Rocks & Minerals with Steve Dunn because when I got engaged I was able to check that it was a real diamond.

What was your favorite place at MHC and why? Clapp is where I spent most of my time and I still fall in love every time I see the rocks & mineral collection.

What is your favorite MHC tradition and why? M&C’s Of course! Mostly when we had cookies or brownies but I still loved filling up on whip cream when we didn’t.