From Our Class President: Thanks to Val and Avice

Hi everyone, me again. First of all, I want to send a big thank you to our dear classmates, Dr. Val Barr and Avice Meehan, for again hosting a Class Zoom call to provide an Update on the State of the College, last Wednesday evening, March 10th. We had so many firsts:

· A joint call with the Classes of 1977 and 1978

· A call that lasted 1¾ hours!

· 61 (I think) attendees throughout the evening

· 28 alums staying until the end (7:45)

· Two presenters chatting with each other

I have heard from many of you telling me how much you enjoyed the evening, so I know we can say it was a huge success.

For those who could not attend, it is posted on our Class Zoom Conversation Archive page  

During the discussion, I asked Val and Avice how alums can get more involved with the College, and they suggested:

• Support the Alumnae Fund

• Donate to the “Meet the Moment” fund to support student financial aid (contribute through the annual fund, endowment, etc.)

• Mentor students

• Post job openings with the CDC (Career Development Center)

• Sponsor internships

• Go to events (AA, Class, Regional)

• Become part of the Gates

• Volunteer with the Class of 1977

• Volunteer with the Alumnae Association

• Promote MHC to friends and potential students

You can find other ways to get involved, with our Class, with the College, and with other classmates by visiting our website https://new.alumnae.mtholyoke.edu/1977/getting-involved/

Several other notes:

· Our Class Reunion Co-Chairs, Sue Granahan Colgan and Janet O’Neill Connell  are already working hard planning our 45threunion in 2022 (can you believe 45???), and you will be hearing more about this in coming months. If you would like to volunteer to help with this event, contact them, I know they would love to hear from you.

· I am starting to plan our next Class Zoom meeting, Exploring the Creative Process of Writing, so please stay tuned. And let me know if you would like to be part of this by contacting me.

· If anyone has some suggestions for topics for upcoming class Zoom meetings, please contact me, I’m always looking for good ideas. 

Thank you again… to Val, to Avice, to my amazing classmates and to everyone from 1978 who made this a memorable event. We are awesome!

Fondly,

Liz

Permanent link to this article: https://new.alumnae.mtholyoke.edu/1977/2021/03/15/from-our-class-president-thanks-to-val-and-avice/