Griffin talk on Racial Equity Third meeting 9/17/20 Report

Introduction to Internal Family Systems approach to psychotherapy. 

Attendees: Lin Rankin (lead), Barbara Reed, Jana Evert, Beth McGregor, Jill Frew , Ramona Pei, Carolyn Brewer, Peggy Hath Halloway, Barbara Divitto, Ellen Barr (Lindsey Jones), Joan Fischer, Margaret Baldwin, Jill Frew,  Jingle Hagey and Trudy Levy

Lin Rankin led us through a whole term worth of ideas so that we could get a handle on the Internal Family System’s (IFS) construct for viewing how we and by extension our communities behave. Did I get it right Lin? Well, I strongly urge you to go listen to the recording (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B7qNpYXJJDZeK2WC9OUuprRFdzjEnIcf/view?usp=sharing)  to see what you “get.”  

Next Month Thursday October 15th Lin will explain how we can use IFS to understand our own feelings on Race and Racism.

In November, we decided to start to explore MHC’s common read 1619. More on that later.

Also, I have set up a google discussion forum so that you don’t have to wait a month to communicate and exchange information. To join, if you are already familiar with Google groups, just search for Griffin talks and request to join. Or you can email me at mhc1969web@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to join.

Trudy Levy
1969 eCommunications Chair

As they say online - Please discuss.