Yes, that’s the date that most of us moved in to MHC for our first year. 14 years ago today.
I remember crying before I even got to the College: my mom kept assuring me that I didn’t have to go if I didn’t want to. I arrived looking a little disheveled from the tears that I cried while still about a mile down the road. “Mom, I want to go! I’m just nervous! Please, stop asking me!” Very shortly afterward and in the days to come, I met some of the women who would become my closest friends. I’m certainly glad I stayed. 🙂
What are your memories of that day?
Make plans with your favorite MHC-types for Saturday, September 25, the Class of 2000’s official pre-planned Mountain Day so you can continue to create new MHC memories!
Looking for a little something special? The Class of ’92 recently sent us a note that they have created an ornament to commemorate the inauguration of the new President of the College. It’s shaped like the Field Gate and you can find out more about it here: www.mhc1992.com
Welcome to our class website/blog. If there’s information you would like to see, please use the contact form to send us an email or email 2000mhc[at]gmail.com. Please be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed from the site so that you can be notified of updates!
Join our class Flickr account & add your photos! Link in the sidebar.
* Give to the College: http://www.mtholyoke.edu/go/giving (As of 5/16, we’re at $18,590 with 22% participation, hoping for $25,000 with at least 35% participation.)
* Registration: New York Room, Mary Wooley Hall, Thursday 3-6:30 pm, Friday 9 am-9 pm, Saturday 8 am to noon
* Friday: Photo booth, Creighton Hall entryway
* Friday snacks: Creighton Hall living room (cider & doughnuts from Atkins, fruit, and more…)
* Laurel Parade: line up at Abbey-Buck Circle in your whites, 8:45 am; parade begins at 9 am, followed by Alumnae Association Meeting in Amphitheater from 10:15 to 11:30 am
* Department At-Homes: various locations, 2 to 4:30 pm
* Class Photo: Skinner Steps, Saturday at 3 pm
* Class Meeting: Creighton Hall living room, Saturday at 4:30 pm
* Sat Social Hour: Willits, Morrison Room, 6 pm
* Class Dinner: Willits, Morrison Room, 7 pm
* Coming to Reunion? Yay! Please be sure to check out the information on our class meeting.
* Things to look forward to at Reunion: a photo booth in our class HQ dorm (Creighton Hall, the dorm formerly known as “New”) on Friday, cider and doughnuts for M&C’s on Friday night, lots of pictures with friends, a chance to get to know some cool classmates you never met at school, your big chance to have another reason to wear an all-white outfit, and more!
* Please consider a gift to the College! Our goal is $25,000 with 40% participation — we’re at just over $17,000 with 19% participation.
* We’re a little obsessed with Reunion. Register today!
* According to our class survey, 10% of us have called off of work for Mountain Day!
* Please consider a gift to the College. Our goal for the year is to have 40% participation from the class; as of 3/21, we are at 15% participation. Every gift counts!
Our 10th Reunion is just two short months away, and this is our last chance to try to convince those of you who are still undecided to join the class of 2000 for a truly terrific experience. Here are our most compelling reasons to come to R E U N I O N:
* Renew your bonds with Mount Holyoke. Explore the library, walk around Upper Lake, see new and renovated buildings, and experience again the joys of life in the residence halls.
* Enjoy the Mount Holyoke College campus in the splendor of spring!
* See classmates you haven’t seen since our last reunion or since college days.
* Your attendance will make the experience better for everyone. Contact a friend and make plans today! (Check out the e-cards at www.alumnae.mtholyoke.edu/go/reunion!)
* With such a variety of activities planned, there’s something for everybody!
* Our love for Mount Holyoke is our common bond.
We’ve got lots to share with you. First and foremost, here’s the ESSENTIAL REUNION INFORMATION you should know about! Continue reading →